SYDNEY. IT’S GREAT. YOU SHOULD GO.
I initially heard a few “eh” comments about it from a few people and had low expectations, but I found Sydney to be a vibrant and friendly city, especially the Newtown and Marrickville neighborhoods.
After a delicious breakfast at Hoochie Mama’s Cafe, we met up with friends Katie and Roie, who showed us a grand ol’ time that included:
– Eating delicious savory pies
– Drinking local brews in a beer garden
– Meeting and making new friends
– Attending an event for queer women’s breast cancer awareness
– Dancing to soul music–dancing is generous, “swaying” is more like it
– Wolfing down kebabs while watching other drunk people dodge overflowing storm drains in a super-intense deluge that came out of nowhere
We love Sydney. Two thumbs up.